FI-10 and FI-11 identifiers are used on optical fibers to detecting an optical signal as it is transmitted through a single-mode fiber without the need of cutting the fiber or interrupting the connection.The FI-10 and FI-11 optical fiber Identifier are network installation and maintenance tools used to assess optical signals that are transmitted within a single-mode fiber. FI-10 and FI-11 do not require opening the fiber at the splice point for identification because they use use local detection technology (non-destructive macro-bend detection).
FI-10 and FI-11 Features
- Compatible wave width from 850nm to 1700 nm.
- Works with most Corning and AT&T optical fibers.
- Macro-bending technology avoids destructing the fiber.
- -40 dBm of detection sensitivity.
- Traffic indication in two directions.
- LED indicator for active signals.
- Modular adapter heads for jacketed, coated or ribbon fibers.
- Battery indicator.
- One hand operation.
- 270 Hz, 1000 Hz, and 2000 Hz modulated tones detection.
- Core power measurement
- 2 digits LED display.
- Relative zero power reading.
- Measurement of fiber power loss through a splice or a connector.